[xubuntu-users] showing disk space used

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Fri May 13 20:04:11 UTC 2016

I have tried baobab.  I don't understand the 'ring' graph and the tree
graph option is totally beyond me.  Part of the problem is in both
graphs, the colors or shapes are not identified, leaving me to go
between a directory listing and the chart.  Too much use of the wrong
cpu.  ncdu is better.  I was just hoping for something more like hog.  I
just looked inside hog.exe and found the author's name.  I duckduckgoed
him and found him "Jay Wherley".  I dropped him a note re: Linux.  I saw
in his site that he wrote a newer version of it for windows.

I saw k4dirstat that someone mentioned.  The png looks good. Assuming
that is a KDE program, when I switch from Suse to Ubuntu when Ubuntu
first came out, I decided to not run KDE programs on Ubuntu, as there
seem to be a lot of dependencies.  Mate looks interesting.
John