[xubuntu-users] Install software

Thomas Blasejewicz nyuwa at hb.tp1.jp
Tue May 10 14:18:23 UTC 2016

Good evening
I did ask this question the other day when I struggled with 16.04 for
the first time.
Currently reinstalling 16.04.

Software (Center)
This "function" has taken out (deleted?) LOTS of applications, that used
to be there.
And that I used to use (would like to continue to use).
Much of the software that **IS** there, DOES NOT install!.

When I click on the install button of an application, it  goes gray for
a few seconds and that is it.
But the software has NOT been installed.

What exactly is the advantage of doing away with numerous applications and
"intentionally(?)" preventing "available" applications from being installed?

Do I really have to do that terminal typing acrobatics for each and
every piece of software
that installed without any questions in earlier versions?
And if I do not know all those commands and/or the exact name of the
applications ...
am I then doomed?
In the moment it appears that way.
Thomas