[xubuntu-users] Hard Drive Full !!!

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulbiss at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:04:45 UTC 2016

I tried to copy files from an external HDD to my Home dir and
received a warning that that HDD was full.  !!!!!

This is not possible since yesterday I had 330GB free. I checked the
size of each dir and it did not add up to anywhere near being full.

For some unknown reason checked /media from a terminal, there was 3
devices connected with the balance of the data that gave a disk full
warning.

Very interesting since at this time no HDDs were connect externally. One
of the devices mounted as root has been in a suitcase for 3 weeks and
the other 2 are in a 5 bay external rack powered off and the USB 3.0
cable disconnected. These two have video files that I have been
transferring between two external HDDs.

Has anyone an theory as to how this might have happened?