[xubuntu-users] OT: better bootable thumb drive creator than unetbootin?

Ian ian at loosescre.ws
Tue May 3 05:54:59 UTC 2016

I use usb-imagewriter. It works pretty much every time. I never got any
other program (besides using dd directly) to work. The Windows version is
called Win32DiskImager (or at least I think it is the same).

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-imagewriter

For some reason it was dropped from the Ubuntu repos, but the old debs
still work.