[xubuntu-users] toggle touchpad ON/OFF

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 08:20:09 UTC 2016

While working on this script part have you tried

Programs --> Settings --? Mouse and Touchpad --> Touchpad (tab)

and check the "Disable touchpad while typing" option.

That aside... sounds like the script, xinput.." command needs to query the
device id so that it grows with the OS.

Lastly, perhaps the word struggling should be changed out with
contributing.  You are correct that easier methods should be available for
many little tweaks and tricks used in any OS.  As a community, we are the
R&D department for Linux.  You are doing well to stick with it and your
efforts are appreciated.