[xubuntu-users] 14.04 lockup disk thrash

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Wed Mar 30 20:41:48 UTC 2016

the computer seems to have calmed down.  I had 2 small text windows open
and 2 firefox windows. one to a well know (in the security indictru)
site when the disk started to thrash continuously, the mouse locked up
ctrl-alt F1 did not respond..  unplugging the net plug had no effect.
power down did.  when I powered abck up after about 1 minute it started
again.

I looked for a log under var but found none-I don't know what was happening.

assistance?  by the was it is xubuntu 14.04, and it was task manager,
not top.