[xubuntu-users] suddenly 2 icons in panel when any program is run

Elbert LaGrew elagrew at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 07:02:37 UTC 2016

Maybe you didn't do anything wrong.  Check with how your office has their
LAN setup. Do you use DHCP?  Many times I've seen DHCP set up for certain
MAC addresses so if your MAC is not registered, it will not get an IP
address.  By the way, do you have an IP address at work?  What is
it...check.  Are you hardcoding everything?  So you know the IP range? How
about the Gateway?  Net Mask?  Maybe check with your office network person?

--El

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net
> wrote:

> I just installed xubuntu 14.04 on a new hd, ran it at home, fine.  brought
> i to my office, plugged into the net, no net access.  another computer on
> the same router accesses fine.  The I noticed whenever I ran a program (LO,
> etc.), 2 icons with titles appeared in the panel above.  closing 1 deleted
> the window and the other.
>
> seems like I did something, but I don't know what.
>
> Help?
> John

El LaGrew