[xubuntu-users] toggle touchpad ON/OFF - PERSONAL message

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Jul 24 02:44:14 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 15:05:03 +0200
Patrice ARNAL <patricearnal at gmx.fr> wrote:

> Hi, I am 71 and luckily running Linux since about 15 years and now
> it's my only OS
> I run Ubuntu / XUbuntu / Linux Mint Rosa.....

[snip]

> By the way, Xubuntu is (IMHO) far less polished than Rosa Mint making
> it somehow touchy for "ordinary" end-users.

You bring up an interesting point. Linux is a journey.

Most of us who weren't Unix users in a previous life start out with
something like Mint or Ubuntu. Some stay there, some migrate away from
Linux, and some migrate closer to the metal. That's what happened to
me, my Daily Driver Desktop is Void Linux now, although I started with
Redhat 5.0 in the fall of 1998.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist