[xubuntu-users] Double paste using middle mouse button

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:08:38 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

What mouse do you have (ie. what does it say on the mouse).  Are you
using a usb mouse, or a ps/2 mouse connected to a usb adapter?

go to a terminal and type 'lsusb'.  Post the results here (be sure to
delete all information preceding $ before you post).  Often the mouse
controller will be a different name than the brand name of the device
itself.

A lsusb output for a usb adapter would be something like

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 08ff:2810 AuthenTec, Inc. AES2810

You may have to determine the identity of the usb item by process of
elimination (google lsusb output lines)

The lsusb line above is the usb adapter I use for my 25 year old
Kensington Expert Mouse.  The trackball is serial, connected to a ps/2
adapter, which in turn is connected to a usb adapter.  Breaking up is
hard to do, especially with peripherals ;-)

Thanks,
Jordan