[xubuntu-users] Fwd: More Difficult to Dual-Boot Now

Tong Sun xubuys.xpt at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jan 14 04:03:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Lee Gold - leegold at operamail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just tried to dual boot windows 10 and Xubuntu on HP Pavillion 15
> laptop. So I'm a bit behind the times - there's a new bios system,
> something called UEFI and this laptop along with Windows 10 seems to do
> everything to prevent being extensible and more useful by preventing a
> dual boot. Tried everything I could to make it work.

Yeah, I know the pain, been there, done that.

> So it's goodbye to Windows forever on this laptop - it's going to be ALL
> Xubuntu !

Not so fast, if you still need Windows. Have you check this out yet?

My Quest to Dual Boot EFI Windows 8 with Ubuntu
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L0obnZkzX7aFyWqmx6zS1CrXEH_X9rRJUnBYeWWjJgU/edit#heading=h.hjmzej1mnr0j>

Mind you, just as you've found, Windows now is doing everything to prevent
you to dual boot, so it IS going to be a Royal PITA just to make it works.

YMMV. If you want to give it a try, everything you want to read have been
collected into that loooong file. Good luck