[xubuntu-users] Changing the Xfce Desktop Language on per user basis

Tong Sun xubuys.xpt at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jan 14 03:37:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

I prefer my Xfce Desktop to be in English, while my wife prefers hers to be
a different language. How can I set her Desktop to be in a language that
she prefers?

I've done a lot of searches and I've make both of her `$HOME/.i18n` and
`~/.xinitrc` files containing:

LOCALE=zh_CN.utf8
LANG=zh_CN.utf8

However, whenever I login as her (from lightDM), her Desktop language is
still in English. Is it because there is only English option in
the language selection in lightDM?

All in all, how can I set her Desktop to be in a language that she prefers?

Thanks