[xubuntu-users] Further to "Mouse focus problem in 15.10"

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Feb 18 14:56:34 UTC 2016

I've been digging around this for a while now!

I took my laptop apart a bit and vacuumed out the keyboard and
touchpad switches etc.  There didn't seem to be a lot of dirt there
though.

Since then I have discovered that if I disable the TPPS/2 IBM
Trackpoint then all problems disappear, but the Trackpoint stops
working of course.  Since that includes the very handy middle button 2
it's not a good solution.

This looks like it's a problem caused by a recent update to something
as until recently everything worked perfectly.  It's only a few days
ago that things started going awry.

Can anyone suggest what update might have affected things?

--
Chris Green