[xubuntu-users] login on boot

flocculant at gmx.co.uk flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 19:56:04 UTC 2016

On 10/02/16 18:47, fred roller wrote:
> Good to know the diff... thank you.

Just to be completely sure here I did a vm install.

When setting autologin during install - results in an automatic login.

Setting to not ask password at login - results in automatic login.

Open and edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf - comment out all autologin
lines - results in login required with no password (following the
previous step)

Resetting password request from Users and Groups would have the obvious
effect.

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:54 AM, <flocculant at gmx.co.uk
> <mailto:flocculant at gmx.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     [snip]
>>
>>     On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:53 PM, <flocculant at gmx.co.uk
>>     <mailto:flocculant at gmx.co.uk>> wrote:
>>
>>         On 09/02/16 21:37, Tim Hanson wrote:
>>
>>             I made a mistake while installing 15.04 last month.
>>
>>             When the install program asked me if I wanted a password
>>             challenge on boot, I checked "no" by accident.  Now I
>>             have a wide open laptop on boot, so that someone would
>>             have to merely reboot to have full access to my home
>>             directory.
>>
>>             What do I do to change the system to require a password
>>             on boot?
>>
>>         Check out /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/60-xubuntu.conf

Failed there - /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

>>         Then when you've done that - check out upgrading to 15.10 as
>>         soon as possible - 15.04 went end of life last week, the
>>         repos last for a while but will be turned off soon.
>>         https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WilyUpgrades

Still need to do this though.