[xubuntu-users] Thunar going away?

Mark Ballard markjballard at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:34:52 UTC 2016

I saw that comment. It seemed odd, and not credible. So much so that the
only way to address it without amplifying it into a scurrilous rumour would
be to address it directly with the person who made it. If they were talking
nonsense but that led to a whole thread of people talking elsewhere about
Thunar being canned then what you have is FUD. By seperating it from its
shaky source and amplifying it into a general, open question, you turn it
into FUD. It could do considerable and unecessary harm.

So sorry if I appear rude. But best be firm with rumours at source and
stamp the cancerous stuff out before it spreads.

The question of xfce and xubuntu's future more widely is one that is
becoming more pressing since Gnome introduced plugins. But that's another
matter. (Or perhaps it's not?! Mwuah ha ha haah!!!)... and one I have been
meaning to ask about. So I'm glad you brought it up in a roundabout sort of
way.

mb.

I am quite pleased to hear Thunar is fine - I like it quite well.