[xubuntu-users] Failing to load xubuntu 16.04.1 iso from either USB stick or DVD

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 18:41:45 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

I noticed that your thumb drive mounts to /dev/sdb.  What is /dev/sda?
The internal drive?  If that's the case, try using your bootup menu to
boot only from the thumb drive.  This can be done by excluding all other
possible bootup media _except_ the thumb drive.  Then see if you get a
clean mount and xubuntu startup appears.

If not, try the same method, but now with the DVD drive only.

Jordan

On 12/13/2016 07:38 AM, Chris Green wrote:
> I am trying to get an xubuntu 16.04.1 iso to boot into 'try out
> xubuntu' mode on an Acer Aspire One 751h netbook.  It's failing from
> both DVD and USB stick with very similar error messages.

<snip>