[xubuntu-users] Log-in Screen : Flashing and Lose of Wallpaper

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:38:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:29:08 +0200, Michael Höhne wrote:
>I have this problem on three machines: 2 laptops and 1 desktop.
>
>They all have onboard-graphics made by intel!

Hi,

maybe it's useful for a bug report, I don't experience this issue with
an integrated ATI and the FLOSS driver.

[root at moonstudio weremouse]# lsb_release -c; lshw -c display | grep pr; grep Dr /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Codename:	xenial
       product: RS690 [Radeon X1200]
        Driver   "radeon"
       #Driver   "vesa"

If I would experience this issue, I would test the vesa driver.

NVIDIA users could switch from the FLOSS to the proprietary driver or
vice versa, before testing the vesa driver. This could be done for some
AMD/ATI cards, too, but since proprietary ATI/AMD driver support is not
that good, there might be no proprietary driver available, that could be
used with the installed version of X.

Regards,
Ralf