[xubuntu-users] A big thank-you

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:36:01 UTC 2016

This is for the whole Ubuntu and Xubuntu teams for the really great
work with the 16.04.1 LTS upgrade.

I've been running from a fresh install of Xubuntu 14.04 LTS since it
came out, and recently installed it again at my work desktop.

In my upgrade to 16.04.1 at work, there was a glitch that seems to
have come from a defective installation of gcc-doc from 14.04 (how
that happened I don't know, or care anymore).  I posted earlier that I
followed the advice on
https://askubuntu.com/questions/148715/how-to-fix-package-is-in-a-very-bad-inconsistent-state-error
and it didn't work, but I missed one of the comments.  That one solved
the problem.

I upgraded my home desktop this past Saturday and had no hitches
whatsoever (well, okay, the theme I was using had horizontal labels in
my vertical panel, but I found a theme that works fine, so no problem
there - except that should be cleaned up at some point).

Regardless, I've been a Ubuntu user since late 2010 and Xubuntu since
12.04.1 through today.  This upgrade was painless (the 12.04-14.04
upgrade was not).

Thanks again!  Keep up the good work.

(Any chance Canonical will figure out a way to accept recurring
contributions so I can do that once and not think about it again?  :-)

MR