[xubuntu-users] Problems Booting after 15.10-16.04 Upgrade

John Deakin john at humanaspects.co.uk
Sat Apr 30 17:57:16 UTC 2016

I have just tried updating a Dell laptop using the on-line procedure.
When the setup was complete and I did a re-boot the OS just came up with
a blank screen and the system seemed to go into suspension.

The only way I can boot is to select Recovery mode in Grub and then
select Resume normal boot on the Recovery window. This then returns to
the Recovery window and I have to repeat the same procedure.

The OS then finally reboots into graphics mode and all is well after that.

Any ideas please on what went wrong and how I can corrects things?

regards,
John