[xubuntu-users] THunar not using the right app to open files

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:44:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:11 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 1:14 AM, Petter Adsen <petter at synth.no> wrote:
> >
> > Try xfce4-mime-settings.
> >
> Interesting.  According to cdg-mime, the mp3 file type is audio/mpeg,
> which xfce4-mime-settings is showing to use VLC, but Thunar insists on
> using Audacity, even after I changed the setting to VLC and restarted
> Thunar.

At this point I would run Thunar from cli... once open click the file and
see if it shows which config file, or such it calls to get the Audacity
option... this may or may-not reveal anything but worth a shot.  Perhaps
this will give insight to a VLC failure and is just defaulting to
Audacity.  Either way, may shed some light on the processes in your system.

-- Fred