[xubuntu-users] Xenial Issues and Ubuntu Tweak Replacement

Curt Dawe curtdawe at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:05:25 UTC 2016

OK,

Now I'm worried.  From reading a previous poster I'm now under the impression that the 16.04 Xenial Xerus LTS Beta that I'm running now as a new install is not LTS?

The fact that it is LTS is the reason I tried to upgrade to it from my 14 version, which incidentally didn't work ever and caused me to reinstall with an .iso.

Do I have to re-reinstall when the final LTS is done?

I'm sorry to be a negative Nell, but I'm not a fan of the new software app at all. Not only did it not list SOME packages but it didn't list ANY at all in my install and I ended up downloading synaptic and Ubuntu Software Center from apt in order to see any software at all. Yet, I suppose if I could have guessed the package names I might have been able to do all app installs through apt.

Anyways, I wish I knew the terminal command to get the software app to populate with data on packages from the get go ...  It mysteriously did after the other software managers were installed. Must have populated a database that the Xenial software app didn't? Maybe?

More importantly can someone please direct me to an App that does the same thing as Ubuntu Tweak did on Trusty, as that glorious cleaner won't work yet on my Xenial. Some unsatisfiable dependency evidently....

Apologies for being so long winded.

:-)