[xubuntu-users] From beta 2 to final release

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:04:12 UTC 2016

I upgraded to 16.04 by simply modifying /etc/apt/sources.list and the
individual list files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d.  Substitute 'xenial'
for the previous version ('trusty'?).  Most PPA's should work fine by
now.  Make backup of old files, make changes to /apt/ files, enter the
line below in terminal, reboot.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get -y
install linux-generic-linux-image-generic linux-headers-generic && sudo
apt-get -y autoremove

Jordan