[xubuntu-users] DropBox and its Icon

Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 14 05:19:43 UTC 2016

Now this is curious....
For some reason now when I execute the following commands-

/rob at DesktopUbuntu:~$ sudo dropbox stop//
//[sudo] password for rob: //
//Dropbox daemon stopped.//
//
rob at DesktopUbuntu:~$ sudo DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="" dropbox start//
//Starting Dropbox...Dropbox isn't running!//
//Done!//
//
rob at DesktopUbuntu:~$ /

The red slashed circle is removed from the Indicator Plugin widget by
"dropbox stop" and the next command requests the sudo access for the
Dropbox folder, and installs the proper Dropbox icon, fully functional,
into the Notification widget.  However on a reboot, it reverts to the
red slashed circle back in the Indicator Plugin, and requires the above
script again to correct it.  This is new behaviour, previously I had not
been able to get a proper working Dropbox icon at all.

Rob