[xubuntu-users] Disk encryption boot oddity

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Fri Apr 1 11:05:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 09:24:50 +0000
"Frode Lindeijer" <frode at lindeijer.nl> wrote:

> I have the same issue and got used to it since it doesn't seem to
> cause any trouble. There's enough swap space available (8GB)
> according to free -m, yet cat /etc/fstab returns:
>
> 	#
> /dev/mapper/xubuntu--vg-root / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
> # /boot was on /dev/sda1 during installation
> UUID=11fd7dab-a569-4e98-9722-8f8b74b60450 /boot ext2 defaults 0 2
> /dev/mapper/xubuntu--vg-swap_1 none swap sw 0 0
> Showing no mount point
> for the swap. This seems odd to me. Is it? I would expect it to
> be /swap.

Swap is never mounted, it's just a virtual extension of physical memory.
The only occasion I would expect to see something like /swap is if you
are using a swapfile as opposed to a raw partition - in that case it
would need to reside in a file on a file system.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"