[xubuntu-users] Heavy bugs in Thunar 1.6.10 (Xubuntu 15.10 beta1)

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:50:50 UTC 2015

With regard to (2): did you use a secure-delete application like srm
beforehand to delete the unrecoverable files?

Also, are you trying to access a log file or other rapidly changing
system file?  Thunar might not be able to give the latest file version.
The file might be in the process of update at the same time you're
trying to access it.

op-ed/rant: I don't really use thunar save for one action: concentrating
the file contents of a large number of small folders together into one
huge folder.  This is possible to do on command lines, but can be a pain
to keep track of multiple shells etc. Especially for sensitive files,
it's better to use the command line to check for user privileges and
file attributes (read/write/execute etc.) before using thunar.

Jordan

On 09/21/2015 03:34 AM, Aurelius Octavian wrote:

<snip>

> 2) If you open the trash-can in Thunar and want to restore a non-empty
> deleted file/folder from there, Thunar complains:
>  Die Datei »Xy« konnte nicht wiederhergestellt werden.
>  Der Herkunftsort von »Xy« konnte nicht ermittelt werden.
> (Roughly translated to English:
>  The File »Xy« couldn't be restored.
>  The source place of »Xy« couldn't be found.
> )

<snip>