[xubuntu-users] Total system freeze, hard reboot.

Kiyotaka Nemoto kiyotaka at nemotos.net
Tue Sep 8 12:22:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

I had a similar experience though it didn't have anything to do with video.
While ago when I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on Thinkpad T430s, the system
froze at least 10 times a day, didn't accept any key, and I had to do hard
reboot many times...

That problem was solved by updating Kernel from 3.2.x to 3.4 at that time.

Your situation is similar to mine in some respect, so upgrading ( or even
downgrading) kernel might help your symptoms.

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka