[xubuntu-users] which printer/scanner for linux/linux Mint

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulbiss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:32:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, 8 Nov 2015 22:44:55 +0100
Teach <pbrteach at gmail.com> wrote:

> TX.
> That will be a next move buying an HP

I moved away from HP to Epson due to the cost of ink.

The HP I had absolutely refused to use 3rd party cartridges, so I was
stuck with buying over prices products. There was also an expiry date
on them, which meant, if you didn't use it up by that date the printer
quit working until new cartridges were installed.

I gave the HP away and bought an Epson that was on sale for 150$
invested 50$ in a refill kit. 4 refillable cartridges, 4 bottles of
ink, syringes and a chip resetter. Instead of paying 110$ for
set of OEM cartridges It cost me about 5$ a refill now. The ink I use
is also being use by a local photographer, so it is of good quality.

When you invest in a new printer check out the cost of operation,
these companies are not in the consumer printer business; but, the
consumer ink business.