[xubuntu-users] [15.04 64Bit]-Updated Intel Display Driver?

Tue May 26 12:21:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have an interesting problem with Xubuntu 15.04 64Bit
and Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
running in a VMWare Player 7.1.0 for Linux virtual machine.
(it's Linux native and Windows virtual)

Everything is good with the Xubuntu but I have graphic glitches in Win
8.1 virtual machine.
I had to add: "mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = TRUE" to the *.VMX file
for hardware acceleration to work in Win 8.1 virtual machine.

jezxlee at ThinClient:~/Desktop$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core
Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

On Xubuntu 14.10 64Bit I just could install below and all graphic issues
go away:
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2015/intelr-graphics-installer-linux-1.0.8
Problem is now I am on new 15.04 and it's not yet available on above
website?

I did some research in Google and found below:
https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers
Would installing above be ok and will solve my graphic issues with Win
8.1 VM?

Thanks in advance!

Jesse