[xubuntu-users] GeForce4 Old-video-card working wrong in Xubuntu 14.04

fernando fernandoduo at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 18:37:31 UTC 2015

Kiyotaka, thanks for your suggestion, but I'v been trying for a couple
of days. I'v already get the X off.

NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.23-pkg1.run  (is the corresponding for my video card)

The problem I have is the installer looks for:
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-51-generic/build/include/linux/version.h
when it is in:
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-51-generic/build/include/generated/uapi/linux/version.h

I found this info:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/nvidia-driver-version-h-does-not-exist-4175442715/
http://slackblogs.blogspot.de/2012/12/linux-kernel-37-vmware-workstation-and.html
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fglrx-installer/+bug/859101

Then have tried, having no success.:
-configuring de source (make menuconfig)
-Linking to the existing file (ln ....version.h ....verson.h)
-applying th patch  patch_nvidia_304_88_for_3_11.patch (even when it is
not ment for this installer and version)
-using other source location (usr/src/...)

  When I link to the existing file the installer says:

ERROR: If you are using a Linux 2.4 kernel, please make sure
          you either have configured kernel sources matching your
          kernel or the correct set of kernel headers installed
          on your system.

          If you are using a Linux 2.6 kernel, please make sure
          you have configured kernel sources matching your kernel
          installed on your system. If you specified a separate
          output directory using either the "KBUILD_OUTPUT" or
          the "O" KBUILD parameter, make sure to specify this
          directory with the SYSOUT environment variable or with
          the equivalent nvidia-installer command line option.

          Depending on where and how the kernel sources (or the
          kernel headers) were installed, you may need to specify
          their location with the SYSSRC environment variable or
          the equivalent nvidia-installer command line option.

Regards