[xubuntu-users] Display Issue

Andrew Diamond adiamond1978 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 23:53:40 UTC 2015

Hello!

If I close my laptop while it's running (Toshiba Satellite), when I open
it back up, I am usually greeted with the login screen.  I input my
password at this point, and then I'm greeted with a blank, black
screen.  I can switch to the other virtual terminals (CTL + ALT + F1,
etc.) and the screen shows the terminal.  When I switch back to the main
screen (CTL + ALT + F7), I once again get the blank, black screen.  Is
there a fix for this?  At this point, instead of just being able to put
the unit in standby, I have to power it down, and then back up again.

Thanks!

Andrew