[xubuntu-users] [OFF-TOPIC] [15.04 64Bit]-Delete Old Kernels?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jun 20 10:34:49 UTC 2015

Hi Petter,

I prefer to include /boot to the / partition.

If I were the OP, I wouldn't resize /boot, I would copy it to / and
edit fstab ... assumed the OP has got a partition for /boot at the
moment.

The developers most likely are aware about the installer issue. IMO an
installer can't be perfect and users should be a little bit more
self-responsible. At least there is no rule for the size of
swap partitions, the old well-known rule of thumb is obsolet.

Anyway, I agree that it's a bug of the installer that should be fixed
and newbies can't care about everything, but since Linux is about
choice and not a restricted OS, it's unavoidable that beginners
will experience this and similar issues. "Defaults" can't fit to all
kinds of usage.

Send from an Arch install, a distro that doesn't provide an
installer ;). No installer is the only way to avoid installer bugs ;),
but installing a distro without an installer limits the target group of
users.

Regards,
Ralf