[xubuntu-users] [15.04 64Bit]-Delete Old Kernels?

J. Paul Bissonnette jpaulbiss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 02:02:56 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 20:28:00 -0400
Jesse Palser <jessepalsermailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> [15.04 64Bit]-Delete Old Kernels?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am running Xubuntu 15.04 64Bit on all my computers now.
> I received an error message about not enough free space on root to
> install updates.
> How can I safely remove old kernels which I don't need anymore to
> free up some space on root?
> Thanks, great O.S.!
>
> Jesse

make a list of all the kernels that are in /boot, keep the latest.
Using synaptics find the version numbers of the one you want to delete
and delete kernel, headers and anything else that maybe connected to it.
eg: linux-headers-3.13.0-53, linux-image-3.13.0-53

Another way if you have Ubuntu tweak installed is to use the janitor
which will remove older kernels.