[xubuntu-users] Geotagging Images

Rog linux.rog at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 17:03:02 UTC 2015

Seeking a linux method to incorporate geotags (coordinates) into Exif metadata. The data comes from a GPS-enabled smart phone.

I solicit from the greater mind meld info based on experience based on personal usage.

Some cameras come with built-in GPS capability and the geotag is written into the exif metadata for an image. I'm looking at a camera which does not have GPS capability. Add-ons are expensive (~$300) and/or clumsy things that
hang off of the camera and can also break circuit boards to which the attach.

A brief search of the web for Linux apps that might do this lead to geotag pro,http://www.geotagphotos.net.  Initially, it looks like a good possibility but expert/experienced advice would be helpful.

An Android app, GPS4cam.com, captures geotag info from a GPS enabled smart phone. But, the PC software to add the coordinates to images is dependent on Window$.

--
Roger
linux.rog at gmail.com