[xubuntu-users] [15.04 64Bit]-"Aw, Snap!" Google Chrome Crashes-AMD Proprietary Display Driver?

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Wed Jun 10 10:57:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 06:33:32 -0400
Jesse Palser <jessepalsermailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Great O.S. - I use it now on all my computers!
>
> I have one problem:
> I get "Aw, Snap!" crashes periodically in current Google Chrome
> stable? I think it is related to the proprietary AMD display driver
> which I installed
> through Settings/Additional Drivers.
>
> Running an AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 PCIe graphic card
> with Xubuntu 15.04 64Bit "fglx-updates" through Additional Drivers.
>
> The computer is 100% stable other than then Google Chrome "Aw, Snap!"
> crashes.
> Anyone know how to fix this, thanks!

Have you tried with the radeon driver, to see if the crashes happen
then? Also, try running Chrome from a shell with "--help" to see if it
has any "--debug" or "--verbose" options, and then running Chrome
(again from a shell) with those to see what happens when the crash
occurs. That might provide more details.

Is this consistent when you do something specific, or does it happen
randomly?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"