[xubuntu-users] garmin satnav updates

Ince, Wilbur wilbur at wilbur.us
Mon Jul 13 18:43:48 UTC 2015

Yes this is possible with must Garmin devices.  Create a folder on the SD
card with the name 'Garmin'.  Add a map file with the name 'gmapsupp.img'.
You can use maps you have purchased or get routable versions of the
OpenStreetMap.

You can create and download a custom map at this link:
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

I do this with my Garmin 60CSX, and with a  Garmin Nuvi 265w.

Wilbur Ince