[xubuntu-users] "System program problem detected"

Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 11 00:22:20 UTC 2015

On 10/07/15 22:25, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Btw. these are the Xubuntu related bug trackers:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/~xubuntu-bugs/+packagebugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/
> ( https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs )
> https://bugzilla.xfce.org/
>
> "When bugs are forwarded upstream, all users of the relevant software
> will benefit from the debugging, triaging and patching work carried out
> by bug triagers and developers.
>
> Once it has been determined that a bug is not caused by a change in
> Xubuntu, bugs can be forwarded to their respective upstream projects to
> be reviewed. For example, all appropriate Xfce bugs should be filed in
> the Xfce bug tracker. In addition, to track the status of the bug in
> Ubuntu, the bug in Launchpad should be linked with the upstream bug." -
> http://xubuntu.org/contribute/qa/

As a relatively newbie in Linux,  (14months XUbuntu)....
Would it be fair to sum it up then, that if I am not already directly
engaged in helping debug some software, I am better off to ignore
those auto-feedback popup requests and leave them to the experts?

And if I want to be come involved in assisting, to go through the
safer manual sites you mentioned above for bug-tracking???

*Rob*