[xubuntu-users] Installing 14.04 LTS, on an ASUS notebook.

Gérald Jean gerald.jean at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 7 00:49:32 UTC 2015

Hello,

replying to my own post: found on this link:
http://johnalvarez.net/?p=1317&cpage=1#comment-155560

ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T: Select Boot Drive
John Alvarez March 5, 2013 Hardware, Tips & Tricks

This tip is for the ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T 11.6-inch touch laptop. If you
replace the hard drive or need to boot from another device, do the
following:

     Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when
powering on.
     Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
     Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
     Press F10 to save and exit.
     Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when the notebook restarts.

Now you should be able to boot from whatever you want. I had to do some
searching after replacing the stock hard drive in this model laptop.

Here is the ASUS support page for the X202E:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=X202E&p=3&s=476

It solved both my problems.  The name of the poster is John Alvarez,
thanks to John!!

Cheers,

Gérald