[xubuntu-users] Stop WiFi LED from Blinking in Xubuntu 14.04

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Jul 5 22:16:28 UTC 2015

On 07/05/2015 11:01 PM, Lee Gold wrote:
> upgraded to 15.04
>
> mouse is insanely sensitive on my laptop
>
> there is no sound (wasn't any in 14.04 after a point)
>
> also cites multiple errors which it tries to report back
>
> of course the wifi led blinks and with so many google hits of folks
> complaining about that - wouldn't there be a checkbox to make it solid?
>
> think I'll see if other distros have same issues...

I'd be interested to hear. These are all common errors I have seen with
other distros, but longer ago as I've been sticking with Xubuntu recently.

Mouse / touchpad / nipple sensitivity is always a problem: too many
rogue devices which break the drivers, and not enough settings to slow
*right* down or speed *right* up.

I have never had *any* Linux distro which did sound properly. Most just
about managed to play music, none *ever* worked with the microphone.

Reporting back errors is usually a case of premature binding (like
reporting network connection errors when the network is disconnected :-)

///Peter