[xubuntu-users] Stop WiFi LED from Blinking in Xubuntu 14.04

Kiyotaka Nemoto kiyotaka at nemotos.net
Sat Jul 4 16:36:41 UTC 2015

Hi Lee,

There is a workaround [1] for your problem.

Just copy and paste the following into your terminal and reboot.

echo "echo \"options iwlwifi led_mode=1\" >>
/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf" | sudo bash

The above line just adds the following line to the bottom of
/etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf

options iwlwifi led_mode=1

I use the same network card and it works with Xubuntu 14.04.

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka

[1] https://alexcabal.com/stop-blinking-intel-wifi-led-on-ubuntu-karmic/