[xubuntu-users] Software update overrides Java JCE Policy files

Andreas Junius andreas.junius at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:51:08 UTC 2015

Hi Xubuntu users,

I'm using the Oracle Java JDK and I added the so called "Unlimited JCE
Policy Files" manually as outlined here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html
(within the zip)

The problem is, every time Xubuntu does an update those files get
overridden (if the update also contains a Java update) and I have to
manually copy the files again. Is there any way to prevent the updater from
overriding/deleting these files without affecting the other updates?

Cheers,
Andy