[xubuntu-users] LibreOffice Base misbehavior

Paul pmanos at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 20:48:32 UTC 2015

I recently set up a database using LibreOffice Base.  in one of my
tables I have a field named AMOUNT which I typed as NUMERIC with 2
decimal places (it is a money field).

When I enter data into that field of the table strange things happen.
If I enter a complete decimal amount such as 123.45 or 123. the value
will register as 0.00 whenever I move out of the field. If I enter the
value 123 then it is accepted and shows as 123.00. At this point I am
free to correct the value to my desired 123.45 and it is accepted.

I have experimented with changing the field's type from NUMERIC to
several other numerical types.  None behaved any better; but, on one
occasion when I returned to typing the field as NUMERIC it worked
correctly.  I have no clue about why or what detail was different that time.

Paul Manos