[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] no video after wake-up

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:37:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:41:26 +0900, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> When I open the lid, it wakes up (shortly), asks me for my password
> and when I enter that, the display goes black = no display at all.
> The CPU fan also stops. How can I fix it??

Unlikely that anybody has got a crystal ball ;).

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LinuxLogFiles

Note that *buntus > 14.04 might migrate to systemd, so for the log
files there will be a few changes. However, for your situation
even then _at least_ the following should be posted:

$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
$ cat ~/.xsession-errors

What graphics does the notebook TW9 use? What graphics driver do you
use?