[xubuntu-users] Help with dual booting to Xubuntu and Windows 8.1

Kiyotaka Nemoto kiyotaka at nemotos.net
Sun Feb 1 02:46:25 UTC 2015

Hi Harry,

I think the solution for the problem you have is described below.
With UEFI, just running update-grub doesn't work.
You need to do take additional steps.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/221835/installing-ubuntu-on-a-pre-installed-windows-8-64-bit-system-uefi-supported

IMO, your workaround is much easier than the workaround above.

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka