[xubuntu-users] Customizing Desktop Popup Notifications

Deepak Sharma deepaksharma.lnmiit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:46:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

I want to be able to customize desktop notifications to handle some custom
arguments. For ex: for my wifi hotspot connection, when a new device gets
added it currently shows the message "New device added to hotspot". It
would be great if it would also show its name in notification popup like
"New device (danslaptop) added...". any ideas how do i do that?

I've tried xfce4-notifyd-config but it only provides very limited visual
customization.

Thanks,
--

Deepak Sharma