[xubuntu-users] [Bulk] Re: What's a better gnome mail client than Thunderbird?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:26:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 14:44:55 +0200, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>I'm not sure that Claws' development is much more active...

Last commit to git was 4 hours ago, last major release 3.12.0 was 2
weeks ago, http://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=summary :).

I only made good experiences with Mozilla MUAs too, but they are bloated
and I dislike the Mozilla developers policy. I never had an issue using
Claws or Sylpheed. Some Evolution releases had critical bugs, but even
Evolution most of the times is stable as a Rock, just on Ubuntu
flavours Evolution often is unusable. Btw. I care about how feature
rich apps are, but also how long they take to start, how long
operations take etc..