[xubuntu-users] Problem with Alias

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 30 17:14:32 UTC 2015

On 04/30/2015 12:19 PM, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>> The above only works in /opt/mopac, and no other directories.
> do you get error messages?
Thanks for the reply.

Here's what I get:

comp at inga:~$ mopac
/opt/mopac/MOPAC2012.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
comp at inga:~$

The error is rather strange as I have the following in .bashrc;

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/mopac/MOPAC2012.exe:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
alias mopac='/opt/mopac/MOPAC2012.exe'

The path modification is recognized if I input the following from the user"

/opt/mopacMOPAC20012.exe <input>.mop

When I specify te path to the exe file it works.

-