[xubuntu-users] Yes, the new No

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Fri Apr 24 20:13:48 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 05:35 PM, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> Am 24.04.2015 um 08:46 schrieb Shreehari Karanth:
>>
> This is unbelievable. In the year 2015 when nearly every six year old
> school kid knows how to write emails there are still people who don't

The problem is that they don't always know.

People don't use Reply, they use Compose or New and then re-type the
Subject, so the threading breaks¹.

People leave the Subject blank.

People top-post.

People fail to trim replies

MUAs fail to quote the original text properly.

///Peter
--
¹ I would pay good money for a mailer that let you drag and drop orphan
messages into their correct thread, rewriting the headers (In-Reply-To,