[xubuntu-users] weird fstab and uuid problems, version 15.04

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:07:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

Okay I upgraded to 15.04 (vivid) and found a strange bug with fstab.

I have my terminal programs set up so that each one lists the various
/dev/sda* hard drive capacities when started.  now fstab will not
display the /dev/sda1 (main partition) entry but rather the output from
/dev/disk/by-uuid/* instead.  Is there any way I can change fstab back
to read the information from /dev/sda1?   Note that the shell file is
designed to read off the value for /dev/sda1.

in fstab, the /dev/sda1 settings are set this way.  The "options" are
errors=remount-ro.  The "dump" is  0 and the "pass" is  1. Ideas?

Jordan
florentior at gmail.com