[xubuntu-users] Xfce v 4.12

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 15:04:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:33:12 +0100
Colin Herbert <colinherbert15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Neil
>
> The upgrade to 15.4 will, as I understand it, become available in or
> around 26th April.
>
> If have your software updater set to run automatically, then it will
> appear in this.
>
> Just click as necessary.
>
> Colin
>
> Colin Herbert

Perhaps I did not explain properly. I do not want to upgrade to a new
version of *Xubuntu*. I want to stay with v 14.04 because it is an LTS
version.

What I am asking is if the upgrade to *Xfce v 4.12*  will eventually
appear, ready to run, in the 14.04 LTS version of Xubuntu, either as
part of a software upgrade or as the new version appearing in the
repositories, which I can then upgrade myself via synaptic.

So I am looking for a change to the new version of Xfce in my current
version of Xubuntu. Will this happen for me eventually as part of a
software upgrade or will I need to do something myself (eg via a PPA)?

Thanks

Neil