[xubuntu-users] Cups Problems on Xubuntu 14.10 64bit

John Deakin john at humanaspects.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 15:10:27 UTC 2015

I am trying to get my wife's computer to print to a network printer (HP
Officejet 4500) without success.

I have installed and tried to use system-config-printer. Each time I try
to make a change it just bombs out. One problem I can see is that the
"State Enabled" box is unchecked which I understand is a CUPS problem.
As I say when I try to check it the application simply bombs.

Is there some configuration file I can modify without having to use
Printer Properties or who has any suggestions about getting the Printer
Properties to work correctly?

--
regards,
John