[xubuntu-users] Problems after updating 14.04

Cody Smith cody.smith9202 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:23:14 UTC 2014

To get to /var/log, you need to go to the root directory (the parent
directory, ~ is located in /home/<usernamehere>, where the first /
represents the root directory), then drill down in to var and then log. the
dmesg file SHOULD be there unless the OS isn't generating it, which should
only be the case if the system hit a panic on startup.

As for the screen lock and break keys, have you made sure they are bound in
XFCE? I don't recall the exact program, but I know it's in settings.

Hope I didn't over-simplify things.

--c_smith